应用 & 从实践经验中学习
The Alfred University 应用 and 从实践经验中学习 Program (顶点) allows juniors and seniors to apply for up to $1,000 in funding to engage in work experience and study/research opportunities to enhance their career decision-making, increase their opportunities after graduation and inspire them to find their passions in life.
应用 and 从实践经验中学习 (顶点)
Are you a junior or senior looking for funding to help with your work, 出国留学, 或者研究经历? Consider applying for 顶点, Alfred University's 应用 and 从实践经验中学习 program.
透过 Career Development Center, 顶点 gives students an unique opportunity to study in their field through internships, 合作公寓等. The application can easily be accessed through 握手. 如果你是 雇主 或者一个 非盟明矾 interested in learning about 顶点, 了解更多信息 use the links.
Through 顶点, you will:
- Transform a good education into a extraordinary education
- Provide a peak experience and new perspective
- Receive funding which will extend your ability to participate
- Gain a highly valued experience that will make you more competitive in job markets and with graduate schools
- Refine your desired career fields, and be inspired to find passions in life, whether career-related or personal
- Students must apply 3 weeks before experience begins (it is recommended that students apply at least 3 weeks before the experience begins, but students have 10 days from the start of their experience to apply before becoming ineligible)
- The activity is structured, intentional and authentic
- The activity requires a supervisor, professional advisor, or mentor
- The activity requires a structural reflection, self-critique, assessment, and documentation
Which activities will be eligible for credit, if they fit the criteria?
- 实习: minimum of 45 hours with a maximum duration of one year, with the same organization. This can include certain pre-approved campus employment experiences.
- Co-ops, as defined and coordinated by Alfred University
- 临床实习(e).g. Athletic Training) and practicum experiences (e.g. 学生教学)
- Apprenticeships: minimum of 45 hours with a maximum duration of one year, with the same organization/artist.
- Global Experiences (实习 Abroad)
- Off-campus study, as approved by Alfred University (出国留学).
- Official 本科 研究 (for credit).
- Service Learning classes as designated in Banner.
- Capstone projects: minimum of 45 hours with a maximum duration of one year, with the same organization/project.